NEW Online Master of Arts in Arts in Medicine
The University of Florida Center for Arts in Medicine is pleased to offer a new online Master of Arts in Arts in Medicine, starting in the fall of 2014. Students interested in applying
to the program may contact the Center for more information at 352.273.1488, or e-mail the graduate programs advisor, Dylan Klempner, at email@example.com.
Prerequisites and Requirements: Admission to the MA in Arts in Medicine program program requires a bachelor’s degree in an arts, health,
or related field of study, a GRE exam score or previous graduate degree, and completion of the Introduction to the Arts in Healthcare course at UF, or completion of an Arts in Healthcare Summer Intensive, or a minimum of one year of professional experience as
an artist or administrator in the field of Arts in Medicine. Requirements of the degree include completion of 35 credits of the following coursework with a
3.0 or higher GPA.
Financial Aid: Financial aid may be used if a student is registered for a minimum of 6 credits per 16-week semester.
Commitment of time: The MA in Arts in Medicine is designed to be completed in two years when students are enrolled in one class at a time (with one 8-week semester with two courses). Students should expect to dedicate 16 hours per week to each 8-week 3-credit hour course.
Tuition costs: $580 per credit hour for the 2014-15 academic year. Tuition is expected to increase to $660 in 2015-16.
1. Go to the UF Admissions Divisin of Enrollment Management website: www.admissions.ufl.edu/start.html
2. Click on "GRADUATE"
3. Create a new user account. When prompted, upload as many documents as you can, including pdf's of your resume, personal statement, portfolio materials, writing sample, etc.
4. Have transcripts, letters of receommnedation and all other application materials sent to the following address:
Graduate Admissions & Academic Programs
UF Center for Arts in Medicine
PO Box 115800
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611-5800
1. Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited school in any art or health discipline, or related field of study
2. GRE Score (no minimum score is required)
3. University of Florida Online Graduate Admission Application
4. Official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended, reflecting a minimum 3.0 GPA for the last 60 undergraduate credit hours
5. Professional portfolio submission (choose one):
a. Arts in Medicine Portfolio: Should include samples of work reflecting achievements in an arts in medicine career; could include artistic works produced for the healthcare environment, published papers, program materials, or other digital work samples.
b. Artistic Portfolio: Visual artists may submit up to 10 digital images of personal artwork; creative writers submit up to 10 pages; dancers, performers, and multi-media artists submit up to 5 digital video and/or audio files
c. Administrative Portfolio: An Administrative Portfolio reflecting professional responsibilities, performance, objectives, accomplishments, awards
6. Personal statement or statement of professional goals for attending graduate school and earning the MA degree in Arts in Medicine
7. Writing sample: One piece or writing that has been peer-reviewed graded or adheres to other professional or academic standards. Samples may include a research paper, article, or report
8. CV or resume
9. Three (3) letters of recommendation from a current supervisor, former supervisor and/or professor
10. $30 application fee
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning June 23 and up to July 28 for Fall 2014 admission
November 3, 2014 (for Spring 2015)
March 2, 2015 (For Summer 2015)
For more information contact the Center's Graduate Advisor, Dylan Klempner, at firstname.lastname@example.org