About the Program
The University of Florida School of Music is dedicated to helping students achieve their greatest potential as musicians. The string faculty takes a personal interest in each individual’s musical growth and well-being. Performance of all repertoire studied is encouraged.
Every string major and minor can look forward to:
- Weekly hour of private instruction with renowned faculty artist-teachers on their chosen instrument, not graduate student assistants
- Weekly studio class and monthly String Area Recital, providing performance opportunities in a supportive environment
- Weekly school-wide convocation for further performance opportunities and to facilitate camaraderie, collegiality and networking
- Chamber music instruction, studying the great masterpieces of the repertoire at an advanced level
- Regular master classes with world famous visiting artists (which have included members of the Beaux Arts Trio and the Shanghai, Orion, Kronos and Leipzig Quartet among many others)
Additionally, string majors have access to these opportunities:
- Annual Concerto Competition: winners perform as soloist with the University Symphony Orchestra
- The Cade Collection of Instruments: to play on a rare antique instrument during their junior and/or senior year
Click here to request an information packet about the School of Music and its programs.
Faculty and Program Contacts
View Full Faculty + Staff Directory