Why Participate in International Opportunities at UF?
A better question is: Why not take advantage of international opportunities at UF?
Whether you are planning to go to grad school after graduation or start your career; whether you’re part of our programs in the Schools of Art + Art History, Music, or Theatre and Dance; whether you are fluent in a second language or are interested in taking your first steps towards learning about another culture—study abroad is for everyone. When fine arts students return home after participating in a study abroad program, they describe their trip as a life-changing experience and they want to go again.
By participating in study abroad or other international programs, students experience:
- Personal Benefits – broadened perspectives, new personal identity
- Career and Professional Benefits – first-hand international experience, global perspective
- Academic Benefits – critical thinking, hands-on learning in and out of a classroom environment
Fine Arts International Programs
Recent College of Fine Arts international programs have included:
- UF in Israel Dance Program
- UF Theatre Production Tour in Europe
- UF in Rome – Teach the World Program
- AIM (Arts in Medicine) for Rwanda
- UF Music Study Abroad in Salzburg
There are also a number of programs in the College of Fine Arts that bring the world to campus, including:
Type of International Programs
- Study Abroad – Earn UF credit while studying in an international program
- Exchange Program – Earn credit at an associate institution that will transfer to UF
- International Program – There are other types of credit-earning and non-credit-earning programs that allow students to immerse in global cultures